Rathcoole Community Council Constitution
Rathcoole Community Council Limited is a company limited by Guarantee. The objects for which it is established is the promotion of the general social, recreational and economic interests of the people of Rathcoole, and promotion and encouragement of community spirit among them.
Click here for the Constitution.
Click here for a list of nearby Residents’ Associations and their contact information.
Click here to submit an article.
Rathcoole Community Council Objectives
Rathcoole Community Council was founded in 1974 to serve the community of this historic West County Dublin Town. Rathcoole Community Council CLG. is a voluntary “limited by guarantee” not-for-profit company. It holds an AGM every year and a new Board of Directors is elected by the residents of Rathcoole and surrounding area.
The objectives of the council are:
• To involve all the people of the area in promoting the social, educational, cultural and economic welfare of the community. To promote wherever possible the well-being of the youth, the disadvantaged, the elderly, and the disabled of the community, and to provide any and such services for the full development of all these groups.
• To develop and improve the town of Rathcoole and the surrounding 4 districts electoral area for the benefit of the community, campaign for new facilities and infrastructure.
• To protect and preserve any natural view, park, woodland, historic monument, landmark or ruin in Rathcoole or its vicinity.
• Support the development of community groups and local residents’ associations.
• To act as the representative body of the Community of Rathcoole at South Dublin Co. Council level and community engagement forum such as the Public Participation Network.
• Maintain and operate Community owned and leased buildings for the benefit of the community providing community employment and training opportunities through participation in Tus, C.E. and Pobal.
• To actively seek financial assistance in addition to our rental income for the maintenance and running of the facilities by means of fundraising, seeking donations and applying to the relevant authorities for grants.
Council Members and Their Roles
|Christopher McDonnell||Company Secretary|
|Marie Smyth||Vice Chairperson|
Centre Management Sub Committee
Neville Graver, Sean Reid, Patrick Manning, Dick Butler, Christy McDonnell, Alan Fairman, Bernadette Doyne, Tricia Kellett.
Planning and Development
Tel: 01-504 5000
Facebook: Rathcoole Community Council Facebook
You can also fill in the form below to leave us any comment that you wish!
Services and Emergency Contact Details
Some contact details for services in and around Rathcoole are listed below. If you would like to suggest an additional contact for this list please contact us.
Emergency: 999 or 112
Rathcoole Garda Station: 01 666 7900
Gas Emergency: 1850 20 50 50
ESB Emergency Number: 1850 372 999
Rathcoole Green Medical Centre: 45 89 655
Holy Family Community School: 45 80 570